Hello

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
wickerman

Hello

Post by wickerman »

Hi

New to the forum although have visited on and off over the years and think the advice available is great.

We have owned an apartment in cyprus for a couple of years but are really trying to push rentals next year - we are listed on OD but have also developed our own website (main objective is not really to secure bookings directly but to provide additional information for friends/family/work colleagues and OD enquiries).

Would welcome any feedback on the site as we are novice web developers (we didn't do it ourselves we paid a neighbour who does it in his part time).

www.whiteroseapartment.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation.

Rob
lorca

Post by lorca »

Welcome Rob

I think it´s a very nice site - very clearly written and easy to navigate. You´ve got some nice human touches without getting in the way of the basic info people want. Not any easy thing to achieve

Only slight criticism -some of the picture look a bit stretched, especially those of the property, probably due to the elongated landscape format. Also in a couple of places they move on a bit fast, making it hard to read all of the copy underneath.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hi Robward Woodward (and welcome)

I'd agree with Lorca that the pics don't look right - the frame they are in the wrong shape fro a standard photo isn't it?

Can you resize the frame(s) (or crop the photos to the right shape)

The site looks very clean, but I'm not a fan of the mixed fonts, and I think the grey makes it all look a bit monochrome - You're selling a summer holiday, so I'd really be tempted to use some more vibrant colors there.

There's a really good site at http://colorschemedesigner.com/ where you can imput a base colour and get lot's of matching colours with different levels of difference and contrast. It might help you find a more vibrant colour scheme

Also can you get any images on to those more info pages - they do look a bit stark as all text.

I think you've got most of what you need there - but it would benefit from a bit of tarting up :lol:
Lee

Post by Lee »

Initially, looks good

Again, pics are stretched

could be better put together as well
elena

Post by elena »

Hi Rob!

Don't have a lot of time just now so have just flicked quickly through your site - as Lee says it initially look good.

My thoughts for making it better - I would put the apartment description before the guests' comments as it wasn't instantly clear that it was a holiday site.The comments change each time you go in & before reading the last part of the longer one I almost could have thought it was an apartment for sale ( possibly not helped by the pale grey colour scheme which looks a bit more business rather than pleasure). Obviously once you read it's clear it's not that, but that was my initial impression.

The slideshows move a bit too fast for me (sometimes moving on before the photo had loaded) and as the one on the homepage doesn't let you stop & start it I found it quite frustrating.

Overall a great start - just needs a bit of tweaking!
Hope this helps,
Elena
Dordogne Holiday Cottages
wickerman

Post by wickerman »

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to review and feedback - will certainly have a think about your suggestions.

Will go back to the site developer and see what he can do to tweak it.

Must admit he had different ideas about the colour scheme but we wanted it in the grey/monochrome look - our reasoning was to try to have something quite cool and modern looking to reflect the apartment interior vibe - didn't want loads of in your face colours but take your point it may look a bit too business like -suppose it's all down to personal taste - but afraid we are stuck with that look for the time being anyway as we have designed other marketing materials (business cards etc) along the same lines.

Cheers

Rob