My first site for review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Yazi

My first site for review

Post by Yazi »

Hi all this is my first time on the forum. I've built a website for my firends in Cyprus to try and help get them some bookings.

I'm not the greatest designer but would be grateful if you could take a look at the site and give me some tips on making it better. Also would you recommend google adwords?

Here is the URL for the site:

http://www.yazminvillas.co.uk

Thanks
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hi Yazi

It's quite minimalist isn't it ?
La Chouette

My first site for review

Post by La Chouette »

It looks fine as far as it goes.............but it doesn't go far enough I think.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know the villas, the area or even Cyprus and ask yourself what you'd like to know. Think of yourself as a potential guest. If it were me.....where exactly the villas are located, what's around them to do, how to get there etc etc.

Good luck - putting a website together's not easy.

Jan
Austria

Post by Austria »

Very basic, you need more details, including full contact info, it helps build up credibility. But a good start i think.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

How to get there is pretty important, especially the eccentricities of getting to Northern Cyprus - or am I out-of-date on that aspect?

MG
Garri

Post by Garri »

Windy wrote: It's quite minimalist isn't it ?
Nowt wrong with minimalism if you can pull it off as this site does: http://www.yellowstoneskilodge.co.uk/

Although there's some little niggles with the above site, you need great photos in order for this approach to work, I feel.

Yazi's site isn't that bad but just seems unfinished and lacking in vital info such as location and how to get there etc.

Weirdly, whenever I view the 'gallery' page my Google toolbar tells me the site is in Spanish and asks if I would like to translate it. I thought there might be some Spanish in the source code, but there isn't. Strange.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I agree that there is not so much information. What is included in the rental? How can you make contact with the owners? How to get there? What can I do when I get there? All of these and more need to be addressed.
However the layout is good and clean so when you do add more keep it that way.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
pambon

Post by pambon »

I like the clean lines and minimalistic approach but, on the same lines you should add IMHO what others have mentioned, more local info., travel & contact details.

Good start.
Yazi

thank you

Post by Yazi »

Thank you for all your replies. I prefer simple approaches but I do agree that I am missing vital information.

Getting to north cyprus is easier now but I should include transfer times from all major airports and possibly add google maps.

More info on the villas and the area including site seeing, beach and nightlife info.

I'll let you all know when it's updated.

Thanks again