Query over cost of short break - should I explain?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We do the same as Windy. We do automatically supply clean towels half way through their stay if it is more than 7 days (or when requested) and clean bedding for 2+ week stays. We don't always offer a mid stay clean as most don't want it but will do if asked.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Margaret wrote:We do the same as Windy. We do automatically supply clean towels half way through their stay if it is more than 7 days (or when requested) and clean bedding for 2+ week stays. We don't always offer a mid stay clean as most don't want it but will do if asked.
same here
sue702

Post by sue702 »

We have had a couple of Dutch couples who have not fully understood the self catering concept and have been dissappointed that cleaning and fresh towels are not supplied every day. Unfortunately these were acquaintances who had not read out website or adverts properly. We now clearly state in any letters to Dutch clients what is and what isn't included. Having said that we have never had a problem of getting a deposit or full payment up front from anyone of any nationality. No money, no confirmed booking, simple as that.

I must say the tone of the letter you got would make me tell them to go and take a running jump.. OK maybe not, but I wouldn't go grovelling to people like that.

BTW St Nicholas is not peak holiday time in The Netherlands it is a family celebration that lasts one evening (5th December) and there are no public holidays linked to it, in fact I would think that 5th December would be a cheap time to rent something as no one wants to be away from home..

Sue
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

THanks Sue that also goes further to explaining - BTW the apartment they had enquired about was not a 'studio' apartment, but a two bedroom apartment. When I politely pointed this out they responded that that was what it was called in Holland :? Anyway, as you say, two potential bookings or not, I'm not going to chase them, its early days yet for bookings!