Would you show a "dirty" house?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Musetta

Would you show a "dirty" house?

Post by Musetta »

got a last-minute enquiry asking about arriving tomorrow afternoon...but house has not been cleaned yet from the last guests (and was not going to be until tomorrow morning) and I am not able to drop everything today and go clean just in CASE this woman want the house tomorrow...but...don't want to turn her off either!
They last guests weren't THAT dirty (thankfully!!) but the norm. (they were there a few weeks with 8 people) and I have about a half hour (at most) so can make sure there is no rubbish left out and wipe down the kitchen counters ;-) I just feel really awkward though since the house, obviously will not be shown in a great light and I really like guests to walk in and have things look as clean and perfect as possible! Any suggestions of what else to accomplish in limited time to make a good impression?!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

You could get some coffee on Musetta, that and baking bread (although I don't suggest you do that!) are the 2 aromas that are recommended to do just before showing someone round your house - usually when it's up for sale but will work for you too.

Good luck!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

Musetta, don't worry too much, just explain the situation.

We let our cottage to some work friends over the summer. It was only at the end of the month that my wife realised that the cleaner had not charged us for the clean before my friends stay. Then she realised that she had not asked for a clean in the first place... the first time this has ever happened.

I apologised profusely to my work friends for the mistake only to be told by them that they hadn't realised and found the place nice and tidy!

It just goes to show that sometimes almost nothing needs to be done (those must be easy cleans for my cleaner).
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

well....no time to bake bread :-) but I was able to wipe down the kitchen and hoover and dust the front room. She told me she will let me know her decision tonight...so...*fingers crossed* because it would be a great off-season week to get rented! she's off to look at the "nature" in the area (which is insane in this weather, IMHO!) so I sent her to the local park/nature preserve to check it out.