Please, a review would be appreciated.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
gone-fishin

Please, a review would be appreciated.

Post by gone-fishin »

A number of reasons why I have to totally re do my website is that originally when created in 2002 a very "old school" software was used.
Without going to technical the format does not allow optimization by search engines, and problems within the frames when adding to it I could go on...!had to have major help
So an opinion would be appreciated on -:
Shall I follow the same format.
Does it look dated.
I wonder is there an overload of information.
A better colour is needed and flowery things will go!
Please do pick holes in it, its the only way I can learn.
At present as an experiment I am completing a totally different website style & domain names for the German market and another for the French market in their own language but thats another story!I digress , sorry.
Last edited by gone-fishin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Measure twice and cut once!
Windy

Post by Windy »

I think you are right that it does look dated

I'd take the opportunity to reorganise the information (I'm not sure you can actually have too much, but you can make it easier to access and digest). The hierarchical menu structure you have now should work well with a redesign, but would look a lot better with drop down menus (Garri may be along shortly to tell me off for saying that :wink: )

You have some super images that you need to get right in front of visitors - at the moment you have to work a bit hard to find them. I'd get thenm embedded in the text, as otherwise the decsriptions become rather dry and people's attention isn't grabbed.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Windy wrote:....The hierarchical menu structure you have now should work well with a redesign, but would look a lot better with drop down menus (Garri may be along shortly to tell me off for saying that :wink: )
Windy, you'll be amused when you see the new Holiday Pad as it will have drop down menus galore!
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi,

I agree with Windy re the pix - put more on the front page to catch people's eyes.

Also, I opened the site originally in a reduced window and the main title/headline was not reduced to fit it all but simply truncated so it looked a bit silly. I have no idea how to fix that but I think you should.

I would suggest your first two pars go farther down and the rest go higher up - the first par tells me nothing about the place other than it's private...

Maybe it's just me but I think pushing the blog right at the top seems futile. If you haven't sold me on the place, why would I read your blog? I'd put the link at the end of the page.

The place looks lovely and I think you need to sell it a bit faster with more on the home page. Best of luck!
Lounging on the lily pad...
gone-fishin

Post by gone-fishin »

Brilliant greenfrog and windy, this is just the info I need.
This problem u mention greenfrog......I opened the site originally in a reduced window and the main title/headline was not reduced to fit it all but simply truncated so it looked a bit silly.

Has always been there and seems unfixable due to the original make of the frames, it seems to go with a certain setting the individual has.
If u have time could u tell me your screen setting please, or what u think the cause is.
Thanks again
gone fishin
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

re the truncated strap head: I don't know the cause - more techy LMHers than I may be able to help you there. :)
Lounging on the lily pad...
Pen

Post by Pen »

I was quite surprised that a link titled availability took me to a section about change-over days rather an availability chart - I couldn't find one, maybe your guests only get to see the website via listings with their own charts, but personally I would put one in and rename the section I read.

I was able to move between pages and links quickly which is always good.

I agree that the blog mention near the top of the homepage is not necessary.
gone-fishin

Post by gone-fishin »

Pen thank you for your input, much appreciated.

Yes I appreciate your point about availability calender.But not for us.... .

I do like your site , its lovely.