Booking Form

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
lynne9999

Booking Form

Post by lynne9999 »

Hi Everone

Hope you all had a good Christmas. I have just had a booking for our villa, could someone help me with a booking form.
Our management company used to deal with all of that and we have now parted company and trying to go it alone.

Thank you
Lynne

:D
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi Lynne!
I found this quite useful http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/pdf/sa ... ntract.doc
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We differ from most in our booking form in that we are very 'unlegal'. I can email you if you send me you email address.
lynne9999

Post by lynne9999 »

Wow - thank you for your very quick replies, I did not know you could get all that info at Holiday Lettings and we advertise our Villa there.

Thank you
:D
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Lynne, give me your email address via PM and I will send you some more HL's links.
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
ruemeyerbeer

Post by ruemeyerbeer »

my terms, if the customer cancels, you can set their penalty, either the deposit, the full amount, or a figure you think is justified (for those 11th hour cancellations). if you cancel, you can choose to refund them automatically
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

my terms, if the customer cancels, you can set their penalty, either the deposit, the full amount, or a figure you think is justified (for those 11th hour cancellations). if you cancel, you can choose to refund them automatically
So your booking terms explicitly say that the penalty for cancellation will be arbitrarily set by you?

Honestly, if I were a client, I wouldn't like that.

Lynne, one thing to make sure of is that your booking T&Cs are consistent with the laws that apply to your area. Some contracts specify that bookings will be covered by UK or US law even if the property isn't located there, but that isn't always legal, so it's worth it to check.

One thing I've always wished for is that our contract was shorter. With small margins and spacing, it's a page and a half long. I wish we could keep it to a page...
Brooke
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

With small margins and spacing, it's a page and a half long

That's impressive, Brooke. Ours is 4 pages and I haven't found a clause we can drop.

MG
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Uh-oh. Now you've got me wondering what I'm missing!
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Brooke, mine is about the same length as yours too. Mainly compiled after advice from LMH.