Website comments please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Marg

Website comments please

Post by Marg »

Would be interested to have some feedback on our website
www.vilamouracasa.com
Ju

Post by Ju »

Hi Marg

I found the site easy to navigate, and quick to load.

Just two comments:

I personally don't like the red font, I find it difficult to read. If you must have red make it a bit bigger.

I don't think the bank of photos at the top of the villa page sells your property well. I would chose one picture, and use that as a large picture at the top of the page, and show the others further down.

Hope these are helpful.

Ju
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Marg,

I agree with JU. For me, it's not so much the red font as the contrast between that and the background - there's not sufficient definition between the two and that makes it a little difficult to read.

The top banner is just too "busy" for me.

On the positive side, it's very quick and easy to use.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It's very concise,the rainbow colours on the availability page don't float my boat but that's a personal thing.Looks like a lovely spot :D

www.thepetitmanoir.com
gh

Re: Website comments please

Post by gh »

Marg wrote:Would be interested to have some feedback on our website
www.vilamouracasa.com
Hi Marg,

I'm new too forum, :) I'm trying to construct our website also, it's not easy. :( But it will give me great satisfaction when it's completed (not long I hope) I like the easy way to get around yours. :)

MrsJ
Marg

Post by Marg »

Thanks for the comments so far
The red type is meant to be associated with the orange sun - Mediterranean heat etc!!
I must admit I blinked twice when I first viewed the colours on the prices page but our friend doing the website for us wanted to do our own availability calendar and that's what he came up with - might change it later.
debk

Post by debk »

Hi, Marg - I just looked at your site for the first time. As others have said, you have a nice clean design. Very easy to navigate. Congratulations.

(The red lettering didn't bother me.)

Here's wishing you a very successful 2006!

Beijinhos,
debk
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Hello Marg,
It's a very pretty site. I would only comment on the photos, which have to be clicked on twice to be viewed. I find this a serious disadvantage.
Your photo 5 (twin beds) shows a mattress too narrow for the bed (not a good idea).
photo 7 (corner shot of terrace - I'm not sure why you call it "covered", although I see that if it had a thick vine over it, it wouild be) - this would look better if it had a luxuriant pot of flowers growing on it.
Good luck!
Best,
Alexia.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Marg,

I too found the red font uncomfortable to read, and the font size is a little small on my 1280 x 1024 resolution (though I admit it's fine at 1024 x 768).

I felt the pictures were a little "sterile". There were few signs of life, except in the case of the final picture featuring the car, which is probably one place where you don't need anything. Some loungers round the pool, a comfy chair on the terrace, a bowl of fruit on the dining table would make the place look more inviting.

I don't have a problem with the montage of photos on the home page, though the marina picture is probably a bit small.

Good luck!
Chalky

Mad Mick

Post by Mad Mick »

Nice site Marg. Font colour may not be to everyones taste, but its down to personal choice. I've just constructed my first ever site, and I can see i have a long way to go to catch you lot up. :)
Not quite MAD but working on it :)
Marg

Post by Marg »

Mad Mick
Thank you for your kind comments about our website - it is very much a personal thing as you can see from other peoples comments about our site. The main thing for your website is for it to be informative and well laid out. This will be our 1st year renting and really do not want to rent to too many friends and family as they all expect to stay for peanuts!!