Get dialling: do you make phone calls?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
declanja

Post by declanja »

I do not call either. In my email response I always offer to call if the client gives me suitable time and always include my phone number. This can result in they calling me!

I have called on a number of occasions, such as with a very late enquiry or for a potentially lucrative booking but these are exceptions (unfortunately).
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

English is my first and only (fluent) language. I started to call back English people and have a chat with them last year, after sending out details. I found it helped for them a) to speak to someone human and know you are there (although they still don't know 100% if I am genuine or not) and b) to help explain aything they weren't sure about from the website/ listing/ reply. I would say 2/3 responded positively to the call, yes they may have been surprised but seemd grateful as my conversion rate increased. That said, I don't have that many English enquiries anyway, mostly Spanish and I would never dream of calling them with my terrible current knowledge of the language.

Mark
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I remember posting on here about this and the majority of opinion then coming back saying that we should most certainly be calling to ensure they're legit. I'd never done so unless they'd called me. So, the very next enquiry was from the US and I emailed back saying I'd call him to chat through his queries. He was most surprised - even saying "are you SURE - we're in the States?!". It was a strange, stilted phone call and not one I particularly enjoyed. Hence have reverted to my previous M.O. and don't call them unless they call me :D

Beanie
dublin13

Post by dublin13 »

we generally dont ring an enquiry but have called back 2 enquiries who have rang us about bookings and got good reactions from both. one booked other didnt. family friend with a place in portugal gets alot of uk enquires and always rings them instead of email. says it works very well for him and people are pleasently surprised at the call and the interest they take in possible guests. i dont feel comfortable making calls so dont so dont do it but might have to start. i think if you ring you probably get a better idea if the person is messing around or serious about booking a property