Hi! - is your site ok with Macs?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tizzyboots

Hi! - is your site ok with Macs?

Post by tizzyboots »

I'm new to this site, haven't done my own web site yet, but I have a Mac which by experience has some problems with PC-originated websites...so if anyone wants to know if their site is OK on a Mac, just drop me the URL and I'll have a look.
PS I haven't got broadband either and I HATE slow-loading sites!
PPS I was a graphic artist in my previous life but don't hold that against me :D
Gill
Give me time to think of something spontaneous!
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

Full report please : www.the-languedoc-page.com

I do check it when I have the chance, but haven't seen it à la mac for a while.

Thanks

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
tizzyboots

Post by tizzyboots »

Hi Peter
Nope...all seems to be OK. Hope you'll do the same for me when my own web site's up & running!
Gill
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Merci !

Could I ask you to have a look at this one too : www.bestofbritish.fr including the shopping cart

You could be quite busy with this !

Regards

Peter
The Languedoc Page
mvus

Post by mvus »

I've always used a Mac (7 years) and have never had a problem accessing sites and visa versa but I do use Virtual PC to emulate Windows 2000 to test my sites just to see what it looks like and have popped into a Internet cafe from time to time.

The main thing is the fonts are a fair bit larger on a PC than a Mac, especially Safari, Firefox (96 pixels instead of 72 on a Mac) and are not rendered as nicely so what looks great on a Mac is often not so hot on a PC which is a shame
tizzyboots

Post by tizzyboots »

mpprh wrote:Merci !

Could I ask you to have a look at this one too : www.bestofbritish.fr including the shopping cart

You could be quite busy with this !

Regards

Peter
Couldn't find any problems (without going as far as buying something - at last! somewhere to get Hoisin sauce!). Fast loading and easy to use.

Perhaps I should have said I'm using OS9.2 although I have OSX as well - too often, especially French sites, are designed for broadband and the latest systems/software
regards, Gill
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Couldn't find any problems (without going as far as buying something - at last! somewhere to get Hoisin sauce!). Fast loading and easy to use.
Hi
thanks for that.

This site was deliberately aimed at likely users : retired expats in France, not pc experts, using old "hand me down" PC's, often located in rural areas without adsl. So, very few graphics, simple menus, plenty of help options. And the font is quite large, too !

Peter
The Languedoc Page