Holiday-rentals : new market approach?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
alexia s.

Holiday-rentals : new market approach?

Post by alexia s. »

Holiday-rentals' latest news letter promises holiday accommodation from £10 pp per night and goes on to reassure potential holiday-makers:

"you shouldn't have to give up on Christmas presents, just to be able to afford a summer holiday."

I'm sure we all agree wholeheartedly with this principle.

However, I fear that Holiday-rentals is mistaking its market: it then offers visitors the possibility of searching the site for cheap properties and has managed to muster all of 4 (four) for the whole of France at these cheap rates. I'm not the only one, then, for whom this marketing strategy is inappropriate.

I don't recall Holiday-rentals ever defining a market in such narrow terms (Ross may correct me) - past letters were sufficiently well-drafted to include, and not exclude, all visitors to the site. This was their strategy, I think- and it worked. If I were reading the latest newsletter and wanted to book a great holiday I wouldn't read past the first paragraph: it is down, down market.

Ross, if you are trying to attract the £10 pp per night holiday-makers, you should mix caravans with the fabulous properties on the site.
Best,
Alexia.