Pool Filter Pump

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Blue Shutters

Pool Filter Pump

Post by Blue Shutters »

We need to replace ours, looking at a Pentair 1.5HP....know that we have to turn water in 4 hours (for us this one would be 20 m3/hr, pool is 12x6x1m av so 72m3 .....finding out our sand filter size, know we have UK piping and Pentair have an adapter for imperial and metric.

What brand do you have and do you recomend it? in France Hayward seem to be rated but here I have been told they are quite old technology now (company I am speaking to sells both so don't think they are biased!)

Does anyone know anything about rumoured new French regs for 2011 that the volume of the pool will have to be turned every 3 hours? Or is that for public pools/gite complexes over a certain size?
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think there are already DDASS regs that state how often the water has to be turned. My pump turns the water every hour (80m3). You are only considered a public pool at the moment if more than one house/apartment shares the pool and then it depends on where you live in France (and whether or not you are registered with the ch de com and therefore above the radar for everything) as to how rigorous the DDASS inspections are. I've never had one in 35.
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Thanks LV, the rumours are for all private/1 house pools apparantly..goodness knows how long it will take to enforce!

Now investigating the size of our sand filter, don't want to get a too powerful one and explode the sand filter....thank goodness for great and on the doorstep managers!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Richard D

Re: Pool Filter Pump

Post by Richard D »

Blue Shutters wrote: What brand do you have and do you recomend it? in France Hayward seem to be rated but here I have been told they are quite old technology now
A pump is a pump and I don' think theres much technology around them ! We have Hayward pump, filter and all the fittings and never had a problem in 12yrs so yes I can recommend Hayward, unless of course they're made in China now like everything else !

We have a 1HP pump for 10x5 pool so I think 1.5HP for your pool would be about right.
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Thanks Richard, just conscious of making sure we have a reliable make, unlike the fiasco of the pool heater!

May even see you at Easter, we haven't been out since July!
Blog
Twit Tweets