Our co-prop Meeting-sparks may fly.

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Hells Bells

Our co-prop Meeting-sparks may fly.

Post by Hells Bells »

Will take place on the 13th Feb, we won't be able to attend, apartment is booked, and we have other commitments that weekend. However, over the last few days, I have had an increasing number of emails from other owners regarding our communal swimming pool. On our Acte du Vente, and on all the sales literature, the pool is promoted as being heated by geothermal waters. We are on top of Monetier (or Stabatio's) original Roman springs, yet our ever increasing electricity costs for the pool (total of 44,000€ in 2008/2009 shared between 30 owners) suggest otherwise. The installation of a second 'pompe chaleur' is being discussed at the meeting at a cost to the owners of 30,000€ . The emails flying back and forth suggest a motion to be passed to delay this, and to get an independent expert to tell us
a) how the pool is currently heated.
b) whether the developer is responsible for the cost of the new pump.
It is all becoming rather interesting, and I kind of wish we could be at the meeting now.
enid

Post by enid »

Wow how big is the pool?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

16m x 5m I think (Should know, but it's late and I'm tired). Don't forget this is heated in winter when outdoor temps can be -15 on occasions, and it is an outdoor pool. With thermal waters at 43o below the apartments, we have become suspicious of the running costs. The pool was promoted as being low cost, and indeed in the first winter it cost us less than half it's current amount. However, it was too cold to swim in . We suspect that the pump and pipes used are too small to cope with heat loss from the pool, and they are using electricity instead, if not all year round, certainly in winter.
However our apartments are often uncomfortably hot in winter. Conversely, autumn and late summer guests have used the electric heaters, as the underfloor system appeared to be 'switched off' Our only controls in the apartment for this are radiator type valves for each room, as the floor is heated by the hot springs.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My Gmail inbox is now red hot. We've realised for a long time that things were not as promised,but didn't realise others felt the same, and thought we had misunderstood the documents. As one of only two English owners (the other is a friend of the developers daughter), we did not think we had a loud enough voice to make a fuss.
Now I am going to have to pour over the Acte de Vente, etc.
The project also received an environmental award under what we now assume to be false pretences.
olive

Post by olive »

Did you receive a "pouvoir" to send to someone so that your vote would count at the AG?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes, and it has been returned to the Syndic, along with a letter requesting postponement of the vote on the new Pompe Chaleur
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

This is now becoming a French farce. we agreed at the meeting to postpone the vote on the new heat pump until July, and the council/commitee have appointed an expert to view the technical documents for the original installation. He went to do this earlier this week, and the documents were all missing from their folders . No-one is admitting to having them.
We are copied in on all the email correspondence, but it is becoming difficult when technical things are being discussed.
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi
Sorry to hear about your missing documents. Maybe some info could be gleaned from the original "permis de construire". I don't know where you might find it, at the Hotel de Ville or the sous-prefecture?