dishwasher

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ju

Post by Ju »

Joanna wrote:
alexia s. wrote:"It stops the smoking that you get on glasses"
I didn't know that - thank you!!!!!
Errr..if you mean the milky white streaks you get on glass over time, I think the opposite is true. This is caused by the discoloration of the lead content in the glass from dishwasher liquids over time, which is why you always have to hand wash cut glass (i.e. lead crystal).

Sorry to be so boring.
Hi Joanna, I agree you should always hand wash lead crystal, but I'm talking about your bog standard cheap wine goblets. We used to have to change the glasses every year or so due to this when we used tablets in the dishwasher, since we have changed to liquids we have never had a problem.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Without really wishing to give Reckitts (Finish) products a free plug, I have found a neat little gismo which has been produced expressly to stop glasses from fogging in the dishwasher. It is available in the UK and in France, but not sure otherwise. It is like an elongated diamond in shape, and clips onto the dishwasher basket. It is calculated to serve about 50 cycles, and does seem to work!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be