Welcome Packs

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Paul Carmel

Welcome Packs

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi all,

Do you offer a welcome pack or not? If so, do you advertise the fact and do you charge? We currently provide the following for free based on an average occupancy of 6-8 (max 2 week bookings), and up till now it's been a surprise for guests when they arrive, but we plan next season to add this to our website etc.

1 bottle of local wine
1 litre pure orange juice
1 litre fresh milk
1 bottle of mineral water (the local water is absolutely fine though)
4 beers
1x25 tea bags
10 sugar sachets
pack of fresh ground coffee plus filters
loo roll x 2 ( 2 loos )
washing up liquid
pack of bin bags
freshly ground salt & pepper mills

It's now that time of year when we debate whether we should change, add or lose anything, eg last year we left a basket of fruit (mainly citrus) but mostly it wasn't touched, and the year before we left olive oil decanted into glass bottles with cork pourers, but everyone seemed to prefer to buy their own, so we've since dropped both of those. We're still looking to create a 'wow' factor (that doesn't cost much!!), so would be interested in what any of you have found people particularly appreciate.
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paul,

There is some previous discussion on welcome packs in these threads if you want to see what others leave for their guests:

viewtopic.php?t=76

viewtopic.php?p=1268#1268
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

We don't do a specific welcome pack, just maybe wine for Christmas/New Year and choc eggs on the pillows for Easter or flowers if I know it is a special occasion. I leave dog treats if there are dogs in over Christmas/New Year :)

I do leave as standard:
washing up liquid, rubber gloves, dish cloths, clothes washing liquid, bin bags, a whole range of cleaning products, tea bags, coffee, salt, vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown & tomato sauce, cooking oil, loo rolls, boxes of tissues in the bedrooms and lounge. I do keep every receipt mind for the tax man!

Our most frequent comments in the guest book and feedback are - "home from home", "everything we needed". We have lots of rebookings so I guess that works for us but as ever, a personal thing. :)

I think of anything that was left fresh flowers would probably please me or anything that was a "surprise" that wasn't mentioned at the time of booking.

I did love Mrs M's idea of supplying the towelling robes for guests to use- I might nick that idea!!
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

soodyer wrote:I did love Mrs M's idea of supplying the towelling robes for guests to use- I might nick that idea!!
Thanks Sue. They're not towelling actually, but lightweight cotton. It's too darn hot in the Dordogne in summer for anything else :lol: .

However, if I were to come across some decent towelling ones for an excellent price then we would probably get some of those too for the cooler months (now that our booking season seems to be lengthening).
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302