German rental sites

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
janskov

Post by janskov »

More and more Germans speak a reasonable English.
I have had several guests from Germany and Austria and I can communicate in a rather terrible German.
What usually happens is that we end up in English when they have had enough of my misspellings and self-invented words.
I suggest you try the German sites and ask them to please write in English. Could work.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

All of the German guests we had through the site I mentioned before sent their initial enquiries in German. As we don't speak German we replied in English and in French, and every time the preferred language for the rest of the booking etc was French, not English.
Cheers
PC
janskov

Post by janskov »

Well – different locations – different expectations – I guess.
Going to France (sort-of) for holidays you may expect many to manage the language.
Whereas in Croatia English is becoming the most used foreign language by people aged less than 50.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"every time the preferred language for the rest of the booking etc was French, not English."
That's interesting, Paul - and, for me, unexpected. I might try a German site in this case.
Best,
Alexia.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Paul, I'll go further than Alexia and say that I am amazed. The site you mentioned though is very expensive right up there with H-R. Was it worth it? Did it produce results for you. My concern is the German version may be successful but the English version is the poor second cousin. Also do they translate your add into German for you?
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

It brought us 2 bookings, which in my book justifies giving it another bash this year.
Cheers
PC