Rude/Unmannerly enquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Are you sure that the enquirer themselves wrote that? It may be 'auto-generated' by the listings site the enquiry came from? I dunno, just saying. I have in the past received e-mails that say just that, in a clipped manner, only to realise it's the listings that generate the enquiry.

In any case, always, but always (in my own opinion) create a response that shows you to be a caring owner and one that will probably be a pleasure to rent from. I think Big Sis says it best.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Yesterday I got this enquiry through HL

8th - 13th a possibility??

Obviously I can see its 8th - 13th April from the enquiry form,but that was it.

Then this morning I got this message in an e-mail:

Thnku,i will get bk 2 u 2dy...wot is the location?

Nothing else, and as we have had a flurry of enquiries lately, don't know who its from, which property they want or when :roll:
Stu

Post by Stu »

I can handle 'rude', or brief enquiries, but I cannot abide 'text speak'. I don't use it myself even when texting - all's grammatically correct and spelling is 'proper' spelling.

If I had an enquiry like that I'd be tempted to break my golden rule, by not answering for the very first time in 5 years!
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We are currently trying to let out our one long term rental property - long story but tenant has had to give notice after just renewing as well! Anyway one of the responses to our ad went 'seen ad, would like to view' no preamble no other information whatsoever.

OH who was fed up with several time wasters just replied 'and' ! - and a longer and much politer reply came back (result) leading to several phone conversations and a viewing which was looking very hopeful. The funny thing is the guy turned out to be the regional Education consultant for the NHS

However, before viewing we got a message which said, 'just realised your ad says no pets and we have several cats' -arrrggghh!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The other side of the coin is those people who write screeds of gramatically perfect stuff, 'love you and your property to bits', run you ragged with endless requests for more information and pix and best price nonsense and then, suddenly, cut off - never to be heard from again, even if you chase them. On balance, I prefer to be let down by the 'brief encounters' - at least, you're not in such an intense relationship with them!

Jim
pambon

Post by pambon »

Jimbo wrote:The other side of the coin is those people who write screeds of gramatically perfect stuff, 'love you and your property to bits', run you ragged with endless requests for more information and pix and best price nonsense and then, suddenly, cut off - never to be heard from again, even if you chase them. On balance, I prefer to be let down by the 'brief encounters' - at least, you're not in such an intense relationship with them!

Jim
I so agree with you Jimbo. I get myself all worked up with excitement announcing to the family that it's a foregone conclusion, then when my OH asks if it's definite I have to admit that it's fallen through after so much effort :evil: