"Group of Italian students" enquiry?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
theoharis

"Group of Italian students" enquiry?

Post by theoharis »

Hello there,
I just had a query via Homelidays from a group of Italian students, 2 adults and 6 17 year olds (almost 18 they claim).
They want to come in July which is mid-season and I am eager to make a booking then, however I am worried if they will cause damages to the villa just before the August peak, cause problems with the guest at my other villas.
I sent them a polite email mentioning that the villas are in a quiet residential area, close to the beach but far from the nightlife..but they came back claiming they are "VERY" interested.

Has anyone met something similar? How should I handle this?

Thanks
Theoharis
Annew

Post by Annew »

Just a thought, but my Brother In Law runs an english language school in Italy and often takes groups (about 10) of older teenage and adult students to the UK. They quite like to self cater and stay in holiday complexes as it gives them a bit more flexibility.

Do you think your enquiry is an educational group or just a group of young people wanting a good time?

Have you tried googling the leader of the group?
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

There was a thread about the legality/sense of letting to a group of young students on this forum a few months back.

While a few people held the negative assumption that youngsters are hell-bent only on burning your house to the ground, there was some legal advice on renting to under 18s and a more balanced view by myself and others that young people do not immediately walk hand in hand with irresponsible behaviour...

www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11401

From our own experience, we just rented to a group of 11 italian students ranging in age from 18-22 who were very well behaved. We explained to them at the start that we expected them to treat the house with care and maturity now they were adults and... there were no problems. They have added icing to the cake this week by responding with some great post trip feedback.

They were delayed by the Ash cloud and spent an extra three days with us for a lowered rental fee per head. We did however ask for a slightly increased breakages deposit as they numbered 11 not 10 - our normal maximum.

Hope my view helps open up discussions on this.

DC