Which image should i use?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
bananacake

Which image should i use?

Post by bananacake »

So i decided to take Maurmc's advise and build an iowners.net website for free.

Currently im using an outdoor shot as a main image, please see here: http://www.aburzzoholidays.iowners.net/home.html

Im also using this image as my thumbnail image for all my other paid listing sites and thought maybe i should take your objective advise

Out of all these images which image would you use as either the main image for my iowners site and as the thumbnail image for my paid listing sites?

http://www.aburzzoholidays.iowners.net/gallery.html

Both positive and negative criticism welcome!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Confucius said:
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Because of your property's fine location, I'd want to use the main shot of the terrace and view but re-shoot it. What you have is a record and what you need is a dream. I'd suggest changing the angle, making a carefully laid-up table the foreground focus, using colourful pots of plants to fill empty spaces and shooting when the light is more interesting (early morning/late evening). All the raw ingredients are already there for a stunning publicity shot but it needs refining and polishing for best effect.

Jim
declanja

Post by declanja »

Jimbo is the expert. I would feel the plastic outdoor table does not add anything so get a better one or cover it. What about a few potted plants to add colour and break the wide area of terrace. We have a small terrace on our apartment and would love to be able to have a shot with sun loungers or deck chairs.

Looks a fabulous property!

Declan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I agree with Jimbo and Declan, as well as the potted plants the table needs covering and dressing in some way, perhaps some flowers, a jug of orange juice, glasses etc. just to make it look more enticing. I'm not a fan of plastic furniture!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Who needs Confucius, when Jim comes up with this gem:
Jimbo wrote:What you have is a record and what you need is a dream.
Its so hard, as an owner, to avoid shooting those little details that you have put so much effort into creating, and miss the wider picture of an "experience". I wish I knew how, but with the above quote in the back of mind, I suspect it'll be easier!
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi bananacake,
I don't know if its a typo or a mixup in the links but your link is spelled ABURZZO. Shouldn't it be Abruzzo?
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

ccazes wrote:Hi bananacake,
I don't know if its a typo or a mixup in the links but your link is spelled ABURZZO. Shouldn't it be Abruzzo?
OH NO!!!!

Thanks ccazes for spotting that!!!!!!!!
:oops:
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

ok i have now changed the URL address

http://www.abruzzoholidays.iowners.net/

Thanks again for spotting that!
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

very quick note to say thank you all for your input!
will definitely take your points on board
Candy

Post by Candy »

Hi bananacake

You had me really confused to start but I looked at the form ccazes wrote and found it.

I really like the one that's on the first page. I also like the one with the windows and table stunning views.
I did have a look at your other photos, can you put a description on some of them to say where it is e.g beach name or the place
But it is lovely
Gaynor
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Thanks Gaynor - good point!
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

About the plastic chairs.....
If that is what the renters will have at their disposition when they rent then I think you should keep them in the photos but as others have said, arrange things differently, show how the space can be used etc etc.
I would be a bit miffed if I see photos on the website of a wonderful set up on the terrace, then I arrive and there is something completely different to what I was expecting. Keep it realistic.