What are you doing for Christmas guests?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Christine Kenyon

What are you doing for Christmas guests?

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Paul's posting about Christmas cards has prompted another thought ..... If you have guests in your cottage/holiday home for Christmas what do you do for them that is over and above your "normal" service?

We provide a Christmas tree, some Christmas decorations (I'm not very creative so I'm a bit limited in what I can offer!), loads of Quality Street and other Christmassy treats. This year we have also left a gi-normous Chrismas cracker under the tree which includes chocs, party hats, games, etc (bought from hotelchocolat.co.uk).

I'm intrigued to know what you're doing.
debk

Post by debk »

Wow, Christine. I'm really impressed. Good for you!

As for us, well, we do nothing. Christmas/New Years is always a guaranteed sellout for all our properties. Lisbon is gorgeous now -- perhaps at her best -- and we just let her do her thing.

Every year I consider doing more but some people don't celebrate Christmas at all... so I take the easy way out and pretend it's because I don't want to offend anyone. :oops:

But you are now my hero. Someday, someday...

Merry Christmas!
debk
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I put a tree up, decorate the mantle, leave a bottle of Cava and a christmas card. Oh, I also have a "Merry Christmas" print table cloth so I don't push the boat out too much but make a bit of an effort!