Copyright

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
marcus

Copyright

Post by marcus »

Last year I came across one of my photos on someone else's site that they had nicked without asking and didn't make a big deal of it. It's still there incidentally, a lovely picture of some friends from the UK canoeing

Then by chance today I came across a site that had 'borrowed' a lot of the text for our gites for their own properties, in great chunks. I was surprised - it's not great text, just stuff about painting in the garden and so on. I ended up doing a google search on a whole phrase from the text, in google. The text had been used by more than one other person, and in several different ads - altogether more than 30 times in google that didn't relate to our property. All I want to know is - is this a record?

Cheers
Marcus
paolo

Post by paolo »

If you want to check if anyone is stealing your text, try www.copyscape.com. It's a free plagiarism checking tool - type in your url and it scans the internet for repetition of the text on your page.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
marcus

Post by marcus »

Good grief, that's found someone else nicking a different part of the page. What is the world coming to...

Brilliant tool, thanks Paolo.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Marcus,

If you are going to do website design for others, maybe you should put this on your CV. :)
Cheers
PC