Probablility of getting Europeans to the US?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
jess

Probablility of getting Europeans to the US?

Post by jess »

We're hopefully going to be building a 'gite' (I think that's the term used here for a vacation rental by owner?) in the Adirondack State Park in NY (near where the winter olympics of 1980 were held).

After chatting with some on-line friends from Italy, I am wondering if people from over there would be interested in coming here to vacation. It would be a trip, but there would be 27 acres of private mountain, views, lake access for swimming, boating and fishing, and access to 'forever wild' areas totalling 2.3 million acres.

It would also mean a changeover in flights (nothing direct) followed by a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Does my question make sense? Is this too far to travel to, or not special enough to make it worth while?

The view in mind is here:
http://www.geocities.com/yellow_spandex/views.html

Thanks!

Happy New Year!

(is this the right forum for this question?)
jess
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi.I liked the view but I'd need some other incentive to come over!!The 2.5 hr drive post flight is quite long so I'd need to really have something fabulous at the end of it!! Happy New Year :lol:
www.thepetitmanoir.com
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

To most people in UK, New York means skyscrapers, shopping and Danny de Vito running taxis. I know that New York State features other areas as I've been there (also found pleasant areas in New Jersey!).

Selling the area as the Adirondacks might give you a better chance but I still feel that English people thinking of wild places would tend to think of the West of the US - rockies, grand canyon, Yellowstone, High Sierras etc.

Would it be seen as a holiday destination to East Coast locals?

John
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

North Americans coming to France don't want to drive more than about an hour to get to their destination. They also look for a direct flight airport. It must be the same in reverse.
Best,
Alexia.
jess

Post by jess »

Happy New Year!

Thanks! It'd be about 6 hours from NYC, so not real great for a combined trip.

It's amazing that some people pass other destinations (the Smokies, the Rockies) to get to the Adirondacks, so we do have a wide variety of people to choose from (not all east coasters, although I am sure they would be the most).

They are the oldest mountains in the world, so I am sure that is a draw to some people.

Thanks for the honest feedback!
jess