Review my ad please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Shug

Review my ad please

Post by Shug »

Hi all,

Pretty new to renting and have placed add on https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Would love some feedback please link in my signature

All the best Hugh
La Chouette

Review my ad please

Post by La Chouette »

Welcome to LMH Hugh

Your place looks nice but I'm not sure you're doing it justice with your ad. Have a really good read through it as there are quite a few typos/spelling mistakes and grammatical and punctuation errors. No matter how nice a place is, those sort of mistakes on a web site or ad give a bad impression.

Completing on-line listings always takes time, and sometimes it's easier to have the site with the listing open so you can see all the boxes that need completing, but to do the actual text in something like Word so you can read and edit to your heart's content before actually doing the ad.

Sorry to start this thread with negative feedback. Doing ads and listings will come more easily with practice.

Jan
Shug

Post by Shug »

Hi Jan,

Don't be sorry, negative feedback is alway good it lets me improve the site and the better it is the more booking I should get thanks for your input.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I agree you could do a bit better. The photos look a bit… lifeless
In your description you say the development is brand new, however in one photo you have a date of 2008. IMHO 2 years is not brand new. Maybe change this description(?) I would also remove all dates from the photos.
If you advertise your accommodation that is easy for wheel chair access are the internal doors of a suitable width and do you have enough room inside to manoeuvre the wheel chair? So you have a bathroom with disabled facilities. If not to any of these maybe drop that part of the description. If you do then maybe you can add more information about what else is available to disabled travellers.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

Hey there,

I agree with the views on punctuation and grammar being important - though I cant find many mistakes (maybe you've corrected them all!).

I would think about making the way you present the apartment verballly more interesting too. What sticks in my mind is that the apartment is accessible to families and pensioners, but dont forget to describe how versatile it is whenthe kids have gone to bed - make more of the relaxing on the balcony with wine aspect, maybe explain if you have boardgames/dvds/colouring-in books for stay at home days?
Are there any views from the apartment? Is it noisy at night? Talk aboutt eh air conditioning - as not everyone will get down as far as the tick box section.

Oh, and one final comment, maybe the prices section could do with being bullet pointed... Though i appreciate you are limited by what their template offers you.

Good luck and take my comments with a pinch of salt.

DC
superpp

Post by superpp »

to be frank, a website listing like this is direct comparison with many others.
the overall 'winning' factor for bookings in this situation is price.

make your apartment look at it's best, but make sure you are competitive on price as this is easy to compare for people looking to book.