on Google but no description

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
gummus

on Google but no description

Post by gummus »

Hi

I have now bought several domain names that are automatically re-directed to my website that is hosted on my free web space supplies by my internet provider.

I have submitted the domain names to google and they come up when searched, but no description of the site is with it. Is this because it is being re-directed or have I done something wrong.

domain names www.turkishrental.co.uk & www.turkish-rental.co.uk

search term used turkish-rental

Thanks in anticipation
Wishing I was there
A-two

Post by A-two »

Is this because it is being re-directed
Yes, I believe so.
Waves from America
marcus

Post by marcus »

If I test the number of links to your site turkish-rental.co.uk at http://tools.marketleap.com/publinkpop/ there are none found.
But you have a links page...do some of the organisations on your links page link to you? Try and add your site to some travel directories or to other websites you know of so that your site is found more widely.

You use frames for your site which can cause problems for search engines when they look for information.

When I look at the source code for your page I cannot see a title, a description, or any keywords. The first two of these as a minimum should be in your files - go back to your web-builder software and see how to add them - even better, redo it without frames as well.

I have added a link to your turkish-rental.com site at www.southofthedordogne.com/useful.php which can stay for a week or so until google, which indexes the page, has seen it. That may help your site get found sooner. But really you will need to address the matters above, and probably the redirection, as well. That same page has some other travel sites on that you could perhaps exchange links with.

Cheers
Marcus
gummus

Post by gummus »

Thanks Marcus and Joanna for your replies

Marcus
I am just in the process of listing on several villa rental type sites so hopefully with your link and others I will soar up the rankings !! fingers crossed !!!

On the entry and home page I do have keywords etc listed but not all the way through the site, should I add this to all pages?

Content on first pages, does this look OK?

<title>Turkish Rental </title>
<meta name="keywords"
content="turkish villa, gumusluk, villas, villa holiday,watersports, Turkey, holidays, Vacation,Aegean, Coastal,self catering accomodation, Rental,beach,child friendly,www.turkish-villa.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk,cheap, villa by the sea, summer, turgetreis,bodrum,gumusluk bay,ephesus, altinkum, ">
<meta name="description"
content="Turkish villa in Gumusluk Sleeps 9 for rent, child friendly, by the sea,">

I used frames on the villa content pages and prefer to leave, if I can get away with it

Once again many thanks & Happy New Year
Wishing I was there
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi

Yes, that looks better.

Your title could be a bit longer and more descriptive eg
<title>Villa for holiday rental in Gumusluk Turkey</title>
I think people will search for 'Turkey' rather than 'Turkish'?

When I searched on Gumusluk there were a lot of mentions of Bodrum Peninsula - would people tend to know that as their intended destination rather than Gumusluk? If so that should be included in the title and / or description.

Keywords are not so important but all pages should have a title and description. And as it only takes a minute to copy the keywords to all pages, hey why not.

Unfortunately it sometimes takes rather a long time to show up in google unless you can wangle a link or two on some highly ranked pages, but it will happen. Also make sure you submit to dmoz.org - not easy to get listed, I have found but very successful if you can.

Cheers
Marcus
gummus

Post by gummus »

Again thanks for your promt reply Marcus

I will indeed take on your good points and alter my keywords.

These keywords and title were already in place when google has scanned and listed the site, so does this mean as Joanna suggested its because of the re-direction that no content is showing up? and the only I can over come this is to seperatley host a page / site for each of the domain names?
Wishing I was there
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Gummus

You might not need to host a page on the other domain names. Usually the company that has your domain name should give you a masked re-direction which allows you to type in a title keywords and desription for that domain name. What company have you got your domain names with?

Petehols
for worldwide holidays try www.lastminutevillaholiday.co.uk
gummus

Post by gummus »

Thanks Petehols

I registered the domains with Telivo and have a masked forwarding set up to my free host. I have now gone back on to Telivo and via an advanced tap on the control panel set up page Title, description and keywords. Hopefully when the google gods decide to revisit it should now display some content.

thanks to this excellent forum another problem is crossed off my list.

Happy New Year
Wishing I was there
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Gummus

No problem when google next crawls you, you will find the description and page title on the domain names you have set up with the masked forwarding. Glad I could be of help.

Pete
for worldwide holidays try www.lastminutevillaholiday.co.uk