help please with new website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

sammyboy wrote:Thanks for the feed back, I think you are right about the photos,so apart from that would you say its not too bad?
You really do need to proof read your site. It's been said here a few times and nothing seems to have come of it.

There are still many sentences starting with lower/upper capitals throughout the site in the menus and text.

local area - rates

The spacings after full stops are not always regular (and some dont appear at all) and you seem to capitalise words that dont need it, and lowercase the ones that do. eg

'The Nearby private lake'
'Gite chataigne'
'April, May and june'

And that's just the front page. IMHO you should take a fresh look at this kind of detail and give it all a going over to tidy it up.

The top right green box with the text:
'Gite chataigne Deux Sevre, France Renovated barn conversion sleeps 8-10 in comfort indoor heated pool games room & wifi'
in seems a little overful. I would suggest changing the size of the text, adding some bullet points and punctuation to it and again, capitalising the name of the Gite. Have another look at the way i laid it out in my edited screengrab. At present i don't find it very easy to read. Others may, but I don't.

I like the site though.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

One of the fine things about Paolo’s forum is that it gives access to the websites of rental owners, some of whom are at the top of their game. And, unlike general website tutorials where you struggle to relate websites selling rock bands and computer widgets to property promotion, this is intensely targeted information from your peers and competitors. Some sites will have been built by web professionals but many have been lovingly crafted by the properties’ owners, who haven’t been daunted by a lack of design expertise. But, given the questions that repeatedly occur on ‘website reviews’, this amazing resource is obviously a dirty little secret known only to a fortunate few, so I’m not going to mention it.
… would you say its not too bad?
If you mean ‘not too bad’ for somebody who has only just started out in web design, I’d say absolutely and well done, you’re on your way. If you mean ‘not too bad’ in relation to your peers’ and competitors’ websites as a selling tool, I’d say that you’ve still got a way to go. But the journey will be fun, you’ll learn a great deal and you’ll feel wonderful when your sparkling new site starts to generate bookings.

Jim
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I think I must be looking at a later version since many of the problems seem to have been addressed. The photos look a bit overexposed and underdressed. But, I think in general, it is pretty good, and my first photos were utterly rubbish. I am on my second lot, and while I have made progress I am a long way from finished. I just lack the courage to attack them again right now.
sammyboy

Post by sammyboy »

Thanks for the replies, I am slowly improving the site as per recommendations, the photo's seem a bit harder to do but I will get there !!
gite-poitou-charentes.co.uk