Owners Direct

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
apexblue

Owners Direct

Post by apexblue »

Have any UK owners had any success with OD?

Looking for another paid site for new properties we have taken on. Already with HL and due to lack of customer service and agencies don't want to go with HR.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Never tried them. To be honest I'm really struggling to find a good paid site just now (i.e. one that performs).

They all seem to have so many properties on them now that you'd have to pay a lot of money to stand out witha featured placement of some sort

The one I always recommended (and the only one I currently pay for) has gone right off this year for us and I'm quite seriously contemplating cutting all paid sites for next year.

Sorry - that was a rant and not very helpful to you :lol:
goosie

Post by goosie »

We are on there, but this year has been very poor from OD although I use it for our own holiday bookings as I like booking direct from owners (who care!).
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm just about to try OD as a friend of mine with cottages in a similar area of Devon to me has had quite reasonable results with them this year.

I've found that the highest number of enquiries from all of the sites I use (paid and unpaid) is from HR, but the highest percentage of conversions has come from Independent Cottages. I am starting to get good quality enquiries from Pure now, but I think there's a huge amount of sites out there that don't make much of a headway into the British market.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
kteee

Post by kteee »

I've just dropped owners direct - very poor results from them this year and last year

HR are still the best-performing site for me
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

First booking from OD.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Im not in the UK, but went back to OD last year[having been with them from the beginning] and just renewed.... been very pleased this year.

Theyve just joined Twitter, where, like H Lettings they promote the rental site, and Tweet deals on behalf of their owners.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Thanks for that BS will check if on Facebook too.