Website review again please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
paul smith

Website review again please

Post by paul smith »

Hi all,

My I thank those who looked at my 'build your own website' a few days ago. I have made some amendments and would like it to be viewed again. May I just point out that being a template based web package, there is only so much I can do with the layout etc. With reference to mac systems, I believe there is nothing that can be done to view my site on such computers, so I am told by the web company.

Please note that I am waiting for internal pictures of the apartment as at the moment it is being renovated internally. These pictures will be added to the 'apartment page'. It was meantioned on here about having too many commas,,, in the text. If anyone can tell me where this is it will be helpful.

Any other suggestions welcome.

www.holiday-apartment-turkey.co.uk

Paul
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Nice site Paul. Cute is the word that sprang to mind, because its simple, all the main info is there - easy to read and easy to navigate.

Couple of minor observations:

1. The mian picture on the left that stays ever-present is a bit grainy. If you're going to display one main picture, it shoudl be higher quality. I suspect you lost the sharpness in re-sizing it.

2. DO check for spelling. I spotted this one:
Sightseeing & Attrations

3. Personally, I could do without the music on the pictures page. Sounds on web pages fall into the same category as too many animations (I hate them) and the dreaded cursor trails (see elsewhere in this forum).

4. Do you really have no bookings yet ? Whether thats true or not, your calendar has obviously not been updated since October and IMHO, this looks bad.

5. Speaking of availability, I would have (also) put a link to the availability calendar on your bookings page.
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

e-richard

Thanks for your advice. I will see what I can do with the main image on the left of the site thats distorted.

Thanks again
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I don't have my own Website but I'm thinking about it.

If ever I do and it is so cutting edge and intergalactically Google gifted and my intellectual superiors call it "cute" should I curl up in extreme embarrassment?

I’m really worried about this. Is it possible to be “cute� and “cool� at the same time? Can I fit “fashionable� and “trendie� into the same formula?

Is this “fusion� cooking or “confusion� cooking?

Who was daft enough to call me "Fluffy"?

Alan
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Paul,

The site looks much better now. The main picture does suffer a bit from being reduced in resolution, but I doubt whether customers will notice - we're very fussy here!

You seem to have picked up most of the punctuation glitches, but I have spotted the following 'non-sequitor':
The complex is situated just 350m from the 3rd beach and around 600m from the resort centre. It is the perfect retreat for families and couples alike. If you prefer to explore the local area whilst on holiday, you can enjoy a stroll to any one of the 3 beaches nearby.

I think you must have changed the order of this paragraph, because you mention the 3rd beach before telling us there are three!

Good luck!
Chalky

Ju

Post by Ju »

Paul

I really like your site, clear concise, easy to use and with all the information one could need.

I have no comments to add, which is unusual for me!

Ju
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I'll echo what Ju has just written!!! Good luck :wink:
gh

Post by gh »

Ditto all good f/back.
HolidayWebs

Post by HolidayWebs »

Hi Paul,

I also think your sites looks clear & straightforward & has all the info you need. My only comment (& this may be my monitor) is that for me the headline does not read very clearly as there a break after ...for & ...peaceful. Is it possible to get complete phrases on each line?

By the way you said you used a template package - can I ask what this was?

Thanks.
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.