''Out of hours'' phone calls.....

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Haven't had many enquiry calls overall, and never out of hours.

Our current guests (French) contacted us to enquire by phone. They had rented an apartment in London and were disappointed so they were seeking reassurance.

On another occasion someone called to see if I would accept her "well behaved dog" as we state we don't take pets.

She was very charming, and thought she could sweet-talk me round.

She did! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

I think it's possibly true that calls are for short notice bookings, but that being said our very first enquiry was by phone, and it was for 6 weeks ahead. I was so unprepared that it took me a while to realise what she was talking about. :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I think about 25% of my bookings originate from a phone call, it might be because people generally are organising a family group and want to check on a few things.

Id say the majority of these are early evening though, so you wouldnt miss out too much Molsy :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Giddy Goat wrote:
Our current guests (French) contacted us to enquire by phone. They had rented an apartment in London and were disappointed so they were seeking reassurance.
I get more enquiries by phone from French people than any other nationality. Quite a few Dutch, too.