Why, oh why don't punters read what's in front of them?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
teba18

Why, oh why don't punters read what's in front of them?

Post by teba18 »

Just had 4 e-mails in succession from the same person:
1. Can we book your holiday home for these dates? (dates clearly already booked on website - I explain)
2. Ok. We're quite flexible so what available dates have you got? (I e-mail back with some info but suggest it's probably best to check availability calendar - I've no idea just how flexible they are)
3. Ok. Can we stay for 4 nights? (Sorry, not at that time of year - as explained on the website)
4. Ok, we'll take a week then. (seems odd!) Is it suitable for a disabled person? (NOT UNLESS THEY CAN CLIMB STAIRS - AS CLEARLY STATED ON THE WEBSITE!)
I'm sure this is a wind-up!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Is there a ramp?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Would have to be a pretty big one!
Just had another - 'We'd like to book that week then' (which week??) 'How much will it be?' (Look on the website!)
Hmmm - wonder what's happened to the disabled traveller?
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Is there a stairlift then?

(Sorry... I'm just kidding with the questions...)

Seriously, could be genuine but this sounds very odd and may be the early signs of a scam attempt. As you say, if wheelchair access was a concern and it's not something you offer, then why haven't they moved on elsewhere, I wonder...?!
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.