Can we be arbiters of taste and quality?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!

Is it possible, in principle, to exclude properties for being sub-standard?

Yes, we only accept properties we know are nice
21%
There is no possible way to judge
7%
We can broadly judge, through photos or visitor feedback
50%
The effort involved in judging other peoples properties makes it impractical
21%

Total votes: 14

marcus

Post by marcus »

Fact: we mostly would like a site restricted to 'something special' type properties, so that people associate the site with high standards.

Question is, is there in reality any way that we can judge, be it through inspection of photos, inspection of visitors books or any other method?
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Marcus,

Photograph's would be good, especially if linked to a web site where proof of authenticy may be found.

Just a thought on judging by visitor's books. Has anyone seen a negative visitor's book? Are these in the most part not maintained by the owner's which are not able to be accessed and added to by guest's to make their comments? Not that I am saying they delete the negative comments, just that they may only input the possitive in there visitor's book.

Or am I way off in thinking along these lines?

Your future tea-lady. :wink:
janskov

Post by janskov »

I would suggest only accepting properties where facts and standards can be proven beyond doubt.
Pictures and information should be correct and should be confirmed by two former renters who are willing to vouch for accuracy.
Tough? – Definitely, but this could be a true differentiator.