Hotmail vs Yahoo vs Gmail

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Another vote for Gmail from me.

Didn't know about canned responses either... :oops: so need to go and read up on that.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

e-richard wrote:On your second point, the thing is that gmail is VERY different from Outlook et al and groups emails into what they call "conversations". That's why the embedded reply is hidden behind "show quoted text".

Once you have a collection of emails back and forth inside a conversation, find the link in the top right corner that says "Expand all", and it then expands into separate emails that become the equivalent of what you are asking for.

"Conversations" are truly very different from your previous ways of thinking in Outlook, and take a lot of getting used to, but persevere. Its worth it !

Sorry, don't know the answer to signatures.

Thanks ER!
Hope i figure out this signature thing out soon :)
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

bananacake wrote: when i reply to an email my auto signaure does not appear at the bottom of my my message but at the bottom of the entire email
In Settings, it says signature is appended at the end of all outgoing messages. When I hit Reply, my signature appears, ie above all previous mail. Does this not happen for you?
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Canned responses are fantastic! :D I use them all the time for all my rental emails, I just put xxxxxx where dates, names and amounts go so I remember to change them for each one. Then you can always personalise them too, great invention.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Maurmc wrote:
bananacake wrote: when i reply to an email my auto signaure does not appear at the bottom of my my message but at the bottom of the entire email
In Settings, it says signature is appended at the end of all outgoing messages. When I hit Reply, my signature appears, ie above all previous mail. Does this not happen for you?
Nope for me it appears at the very bottom of the email and not the bottom of my message so i always have to remember to copy and paste again below my message :roll:
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

Sorry, can't help!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras