Searching for old posts

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
KAB-Dennis

Searching for old posts

Post by KAB-Dennis »

I saw this post recently and searched for hours last night and this AM as I am thinking of upgrading the initial contact

I found also found that you can see members posts and so also did a search using MG like that but of course he/she is a very frequent poster so I was lost in the myriad of posts LOL

QUESTIONS ARE .......
Is there a way to search the posts
also
DOes anyone know where this post is located

Thank you

ORIGINAL POST THAT I FOUND
MG, GG it was in a thread all about what information is sent out following an enquiry.
I'm useless at searching but it centred around how people responded to enquiries and most people on LMH being amazed at how much info MG sent out to his enquirers (myself included)

I had a good think about it though and wondered if sending out a sort of mini sales brochure via email night just help to keep my place in their memory a bit longer than someone elses.

I discussed it with a friend of mine (who also rents) and it turns out she also does something along those lines: info on the villa, village, a few extra photos etc.

With much more competition it's worth a thought about how an edge can be gained.

Mousie
x
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Here you go Kathleen!

http://bit.ly/9m1gqL

only because I remembered which thread I posted it on! I too get a bit lost on the search thingy.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

If the search facility at the top of the page doesn't do the business for you, you can try using Google, but limited to laymyhat with the advanced search.

As an example, if you click advanced search on the Google page, at the bottom you'll get the option Search within a site or domain: where you stick laymyhat.com. Now whatever keywords you put in the search, Google will only check LMH. Sometimes it works better than the board search, sometimes not.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

OMG - feel silly
I was looking for a small blank box to fill in
Sorry all for my newbie questions!!!

Thanks
Kate
USA
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kathleen. I have some success searchwise........ but I have my own weird way of doing it :roll: ...but if you do get stuck dont hesitate to give me a shout :)
pambon

Post by pambon »

Yes, I remember that 'discussion' and found it interesting. I don't give much more than the enquirer asks for, though several guests have mentioned to me on departure that I should email the whole Information Book that is left for guests in the apartment as there is so much useful info. in it. This was last mentioned to me two years ago, but I've never done it.....maybe I should re-think after this disastrous season.

BTW just managed to secure a 10 day booking for the last 10 days of this month :lol:
Jenroy

Post by Jenroy »

We can vouch for the amount and the quality of the content of the information provided and it would provide the basisi of a mini novel :wink:

Well done on the 10 day booking - we could do with one of those too.
olive

Post by olive »

"I don't give much more than the enquirer asks for"

If you send a lot of carefully written information this not only gives the enquirer more incentive to book the property, but shows that you are more "professional" in the way you interact with them.
I am not suggesting that Pambon isn't very professional, just indicating another way to communicate this fact.
("Professional" is the word that my visitors have sometimes used and I don't wish to engage in another futile polemic over its meaning.)

A lot of carefully written information is also probably partly reassuring for enquirers who doubt the authenticity of an owner.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I agree!! I send lots of Info out.
[Its also in the house]
I also send different info to those that are hiring cars[further afield stuff] and to those that arent, with walking distances to interesting places..
Cant say its 'carefully written' of course,you know me... but I do my best [joke] :)
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Greenbarn, that is really excellent advice!

I haven't tried it yet, but I will the next time I am having trouble with a search using the forum's form. I may use the shortcut, which is to append "site:laymyhat.com" to whatever you put in the standard Google search box.
Brooke
pambon

Post by pambon »

Jenroy wrote:We can vouch for the amount and the quality of the content of the information provided and it would provide the basisi of a mini novel :wink:

Well done on the 10 day booking - we could do with one of those too.
Thank you Jenroy - when are you next passing through.....?

olive: I rather agree with you and BS. Will really have to consider it for the next season..... can't fault your reasoning. Thanks for the advice.
olive

Post by olive »

" Will really have to consider it for the next season" -

I just put a P.S. for some of my info (usually the relevant articles from the press), to stop its being too long and to give it a structure that is easier to read.

All you would need do is copy and paste what you already provide.

A lot of people expect to find the pre-holiday info IN the property, and don't bring it with them.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Greenbarn wrote:.. try using Google, but limited to laymyhat with the advanced search...
Am I right in thinking that this will not find any posts in the members only section ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

BTW just managed to secure a 10 day booking for the last 10 days of this month
Thats Good News !! :D