How do you get rid of an old site?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Paul Carmel

How do you get rid of an old site?

Post by Paul Carmel »

I have just done a serch on Yahoo and found our very first site which we did back in 2002 :shock: I would like to get rid of this, does anyone know how without affecting our present site?

If you want a laugh have a look at this link

http://www.corsicanholidays.com/CORSIC~ ... entax.html
Cheers
PC
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

Hi

The site is still in existence, up and running on a server!

Cancel your hosting agreement and the site will no longer exist. Or just go to the server via FTP and delete all the files.

Please note that it is still possible that your old site will remain in the "cache" of some browsers.

At least I think that'll work...
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
A-two

Post by A-two »

Paul,
Even if you delete it from the server, the Wayback machine at www.archive.org makes sure you can't walk away from your past, but nothing to be embarassed about! Yours in 2003 was way ahead of mine in 2003, I think it's rather good. On second thoughts, no, please don't go there and compare them..... :oops:
Waves from America
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Hi

If it's not costing you a great deal of money I'd leave it up and just add a link or two to your new website.

Not only does your new site get another link to it for search engine benfit, Google likes sites that have been on the web for a long time - shows they are legitimate and not spam sites.

The old site will also be referenced by many search engines and you never know how people are going to get to your website.

All the best

Craig

http://www.thisfrenchlife.com/