adwords?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
chris mooney

adwords?

Post by chris mooney »

am i living under false hopes or what? i know theres been a fair bit of discussion on adwords and keywords to get your site up the search engine listings..just done a quick test of mine using the keywords

'resident chef in indre' and 'resident chef in loire'

tried both google and yahoo.....was i right to be staggered by the results?
1.on yahoo came in 1st and 5th resident chef loire and 1st and 2nd resident chef indre
2.on google came 53rd resident chef loire(not good i know) but 1st and 2nd as resident chef indre!!!
mmmm i'm not quite holding back the bookings for 2006...think we are all waiting for the season to kick in.....but...???
adventuruos chef about to embark on the his french culinary extraveganza!!!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Chris,
Why would you be staggered? How many people classify themselves on the web as "resident chef loire" or " resident chef indre "? They're the ones you're in competition with - and there can't be 2,000.
If I'm missing something, just tell me.
Best,
Alexia.
chris mooney

adwords

Post by chris mooney »

mmm alexia i'm not sure either if i should be excited or not...just to see my ad so high up in the 2 search engine listings...new to the chambre d'hote business so am eternally optomistic.will cook you a special meal if we get overwhelmed with bookings!!
adventuruos chef about to embark on the his french culinary extraveganza!!!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I know it's nice when you type in your own phrases and come up top of the listings, but you have to be realistic about what people are going to search on - try 'chambre d'hotes Loire' or 'bed and breakfast Loire' - I would have thought that would be a more realistic phrase for people to search on :)
Nessie

Re: adwords?

Post by Nessie »

chris mooney wrote: mmmm i'm not quite holding back the bookings for 2006...think we are all waiting for the season to kick in.....but...???
Chris don't worry about the bookings, Chambre d hote is a totally different ball game to Gites and villas. This is our fourth year in the business and apart from a few repeat bookings and couple of forward bookings we find most of our booking come in about 6 to 4 weeks before commencement of the holiday.
Last year we were full for most of june all of july and august but did not receive one booking apart from a repeat until may last year
Nessie