Should YHM be restricted in terms of total no of properties

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!

Should YHM be restricted in terms of total no of properties or quality of properties?

Yes restricted to LMH members only
41%
Yes restricted to properties that are recommended by LMH members only
47%
Restricted to a maximum no in a given geographical location
12%

Total votes: 17

debk

Post by debk »

The LMH properties would be good to get started with but if the sites starts hitting the top of search engines etc and people email and say I want to advertise with you, can you in all honesty say no sorry you can't?
Actually, a number of sites and guide books are successful precisely because they limit their membership, focusing on a few quality offerings. They often say "no" to hopeful owners... and their customers are loyal to them because they do.
debk
jess

Post by jess »

If this propertyless, US citizen, newbie can chime in, I think a 'selective site' is not a bad thing *if the guest can tell what criteria is used*.

However, excluding a '1 bedroom sleeps 6' may not work, because the owner could say that on the site (YMH? I'm outta the loop as well) and link to his own site with the 'real' sleeping. But then, that would be the guest's problem, if they wanted to shove inthe extra 4 people.

Places like petfriendly have a criteria of only having places that allow pets, I can't see why a *reasonable* critera can't be used here.

I really like the idea of the photos. I think mandating that photos of all rooms and the entire exterior are posted is a good thing. I see so many gites that are advertised where the outside photo is *only* the house, sometimes even cropped. I want to see what is next door *before* renting, thank you very much!
jess