New Year Poll -How many of you have their OWN website?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.

How many of you have a Personal Website?

No - do not intend to have one
No votes
No - but am thinking of getting/creating one
10%
Yes - but don't think it helps much
7%
Yes - I find it really useful
83%

Total votes: 29

HolidayWebs

New Year Poll -How many of you have their OWN website?

Post by HolidayWebs »

Hi,

although most of my enquiries come from listing listing sites, I do also have a pretty grotty site for the apartment itself which is useful to redirect people when they ask for more info & for using in my ads in the Lady (I always advertise there Jan-Feb). So I am thinking of redesigning it.

Out of interest how many of you do have or are thinking of having your own mini-site for your property(ies)?
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Going off track I like you website hats, shirts etc where did you get them done?

Thanks
SARAH
HolidayWebs

t-shirts

Post by HolidayWebs »

All done by Spreadshirt. If you click on the T-shirt - it takes you to 'my' spreadshirt shop but you can request one-offs or create your own. You could have Lay my Hat ones...

Had better stop this post now - way off topic! (off-line marketing I think!).
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hello Holidaywebs in Mallorca. Hope you're enjoying some winter sunshine 8) ! We have websites for both of our cottages for 4 main reasons:

1. If folk find you through a listing site, your own website reinforces the message and provides as much info as you want about your cottage, your contact details, etc.

2. They reinforce the fact that you are serious about renting your cottage out to folk!

3. People who've stayed with you before (but have maybe lost their confirmation details - it happens!!) can find you again.

4. Sometimes your own site generates enquiries - and even bookings : :D .
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I totted up all the bookings we had last year and where they came from..and bookings via our own website was top of the list!

I also didn't realise, but we are listed with 7 paying sites! H-R being the latest (and most expensive) addition. Will now have to consider which ones are not going to renewed!