video tour

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
chris mooney

Post by chris mooney »

thanks alan..can sense a visit to the indre in 2006?
i'll search out the giant tiger prawns for the "better half"?!
adventuruos chef about to embark on the his french culinary extraveganza!!!
Ju

Post by Ju »

Not sure where I stand on this one. On one hand I really liked the Petit Chancy video, and watched it all the way through, whereas the other one I didn't last much more than 20 seconds. But I agree with all the comments about the music (I really like the music, but not for a holiday rental) and the content.

The trouble is I think it can take some of the mistery out of it. It is relatively easy to make a good property look good in photos, much harder in a video. I don't like people in pictures for the sames reasons others have mentioned, but I think a video needs some action otherwise it becomes a group of photos stuck together.

I would be tempted by a two or three minute video which gave the sense of the place, without actual taking me on a tour.

As for a choice of music, I think I'd go for something French to get people in the mood, but how do you cater for everyones taste? I shall muse on it.

Ju
chris mooney

Post by chris mooney »

i agree ju the first video didn't come over as very professional...apologies joanna to your friend..the petit clancy did give me a sense of nice ambience and warrmth...i saw what i was going to be renting and what the facilities were.as for the music...that can be a subjective issue but the overall effect was i thought ok.appropriate music for your place was a possible thread earlier on joanna?? like to think my music would be a cross between madness 'house of fun' and the theme music to 'fawlty towers'!!only time will tell i suppose!!
adventuruos chef about to embark on the his french culinary extraveganza!!!