Where to start

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
dino

Where to start

Post by dino »

Hi all.

My name is Dino and I live in Australia. I have 2 beadroom apartment in Bosnia (Sarajevo) and I have been thinking to start holiday rent this apartment.

My problem is that I do not know where to start. I know that Bosnia is not 'big place' for summer holiday but I think there is the market special for winter holiday. Big advantage is low price.

I had a look at websites click4holidayhomes.com, daltonsholidays.com, holidaylets.net, holidaylettings.co.uk, holiday-rentals.com, holiday-rentals-world.com and they do not list Bosnia as all.

What to do ? Where to list my appartment ? How to get first visitor ?

Kind Regards

Dino
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

G'day Dino - I mean, "hello" - welcome. Have you googled to see which holiday sites feature Bosnia? That could be the first step.
Best,
Alexia.
dino

Post by dino »

Hi Alexia

Yes I did and I could not find anything. I spoke to my family and friends and I can say that weekly holiday renting is not something Bosnians like to do.

You can find couple hostels and very $$$ hotels but not appartment holiday renting. I am going there in February and I will have better look.

My only problem is how to get message to the people. Free appartment is there, web site will be ready in February and then what .. .?

thank you
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Dino- why did you buy in Bosnia? Did you always intend to rent the appartment out?
dino

Post by dino »

Hi Fraise

It is our family appartment. We have been leaving in Oz for last 10 years and appartment is empty.

I am confident that holiday rental would work. Special winter ski holiday rental. It would be very very cheap and you need only 30 minutes drive to Olympic mountains.

As I told before I can prepare appartment and I can set up web site. I can have product ready but what to do to market that product. How to get to the customer ?

Maybe I should contact holiday-rentals.com and ask them to set up location for Bosnia.

Does anyone have experience with Google Adwords ?

Cheers

Dino
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Dino.

I would be quite happy to be the first advertiser in a country on holiday-rentals, for example. Anybody interested in skiing in Bosnia would see your property and yours only. Ask them to set up the country listing for you, and I am sure they would be happy to.

As Bosnia is not an obvious place for most people to go skiing, you might also list in the ski specials category which I think holiday-rentals and others have.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
dino

Post by dino »

Thank you Paolo and everyone :-)

I sent email to holiday-rentals.com and I got offer that I will except it :-)

Now it is time to go forward and build web site.

Kind regards

Dino
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Good luck with everything!!There are lots of lovely helpful people around here if you need advice/help/nice thoughts! :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com