Please could you have a look at our site?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tracy

Please could you have a look at our site?

Post by tracy »

Hi, Ive just discovered the site and I'd just like to say how great it is to find a site with so much helpful information on it.

We've just bought a property in the Algarve which we are due to get the keys next week, so the website has been designed to try and generate some early bookings, which luckily we have had a few. The pictures/information is all accurate, as the property was being rented out by the previous owners but certainly the pictures we hope we can improve on as soon as we are able to spend more time in the house. So it would be great if you would have a look at it and any suggestions would be gratefully received as we seem to be struggling to get picked up on the search engines.

We are aiming for couples/families during the summer months and possibly golfers and sports enthusiasts for the out of season months.

Im not sure what the single biggest selling point would be as I fell in love with everything about the villa ( I know im biased) , but possibly the gardens/heated pool.

Thanks for any help
tracy

website address

Post by tracy »

I think I forgot its www.casapomar.co.uk :D
juco

Post by juco »

I thought you had Tracey and posted to tell you so and then deleted my post...its on one of those little buttons at the bottom of your post. (WWW)

Juco
paolo

Post by paolo »

Tracy,

That looks like a pretty good website to inherit.

You say you are not getting picked up in the search engines, but that is inevitable for an individual property site. You are up against a lot of rental listing sites and you can't compete on the most popular search terms.

The thing I would change on your site is the heading on the homepage which currently says 'Welcome'. The heading should express the most compelling reason to rent the house, and it should include the location name, e.g. 'Lagos rental villa with heated pool'

The pictures could be more focused on the message they are trying to put across on the homepage, but they are taken in good sunny conditions, which is the essential thing.

Let us see it when you have gone out and taken more pics.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Hi Tracy,

As Paolo say, nice looking site .... clear and with a good choice of colour :)

Regarding the search engines .... like many other sites under review, the only links to other pages are via 'graphic links' where the link is accessed via 'clicking' a button. A lot of search engines can't or won't follow this type of link and results in only the homepage being listed on the search engines.

I've nothing against link buttons myself and feel they can add to the 'visual appeal' of the site, however, i'd always repeat the links as 'text links' at the footer of each page, just to ensure the search engines are able to get to the whole site. You have some really good content 'inside' the site, i'm sure it'll score well once it's been 'spidered'.

Only other thing i'd say is that menu 'jumps around' from page to page, which i find 'distracting' ... best way of preventing this is to build one page, then use it as a template for the rest of the site, rather than building each page from scratch.

On the whole .... great site though :)