Any preparations for 2012 Olympics??

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

kendalcottages wrote:Not given it any thought as yet. We're not near London but I hope we'll be able to benefit from those who visit but want to extend their stay by exploring other parts of the country.
How about a joint venture "Escape the Bloody Olympics" special? :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Being a cynical B*****d it occurs to me that London accommodation will be at even more of a premium during the Olympics as much of it will still be occupied by the people who were supposed to have finished all the preparation work........
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

A lot of people seem to be considering moving out for the Olympics in order to put their houses up for rent - but what would they do with all their personal stuff?

Seems to me that you can't really charge the same for a house full of someone's own personal effects as you'd charge for a genuine self catering holiday rental, but doubt that would put anyone off charging the same. [Party I know you are used to renting houses and you'd make sure that if you move out, you'd leave your house in a rentable condition - I'm talking about people who don't have a clue about what is expected from a holiday rental home.]

I'm wondering how peope would manage with 'moving out' for 8 weeks - where will they all go? If they want to stay in London they'll only have to pay someone else to rent their place.. And what about their jobs etc? It's not that easy just to up sticks and move somewhere if you are committed to work etc...

But it's certainly sounding like a money spinner and everyone will want their share, including me...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Not sure I'd have the energy to cash in to be honest Nighty. We could do I guess as there are only 3 of us and we could de camp to Mum & Dad's up the road quite easily but like you say, there'd be a hell of a lot of 'packing away' in the loft to do first.

My concern has always been more that we are not by a station unlike Judith. It's a 15 minute walk (ok I guess) to the overground but that's to Liverpool Street.

Mind you, what kind of rental could I ask for a 5 bed 3 bath house with spa tub :lol: I mean, come on, if we're talking £3k a week then I guess I can happily chauffeur them the 5 minute car ride to and from the train station or nearest tube at Woodford as often as they darn well like
:lol: :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Partridge if you do rent out don't leave your birth certificate in the loft http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l ... 079392.ece

Just been speaking to a neighbour who received a letter from her tenant saying Dear Veronica If you are reading this letter things have not gone well and I've been sent to prison...luckily he gave notice in the letter as she thought if your tenant is sent to prison you cannot evict them.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.