Sites to "Create your Own Website"

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
HolidayWebs

Sites to "Create your Own Website"

Post by HolidayWebs »

Has anyone ever tried any of these D-I-Y sites that help you create your own website? Partucularly holiday rental ones? I came across www.websitegeneration.com which doesn't look that exciting & many of the samples don't work but I wondered if there were any others that people have tried? If I find any more I'll report back.
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.
mvus

Post by mvus »

$18 per months is too much and leaves you tied with the websitegeneration site

You could try www.cm4all.com which I think charges a few pounds per month. They also do a free version provided as a limited edition with lots of hosting companies (less designs) sometimes called Website Creator Lite 1.0
Jo Tomkinson

Post by Jo Tomkinson »

Have a look at Freewebs. I have done mine on here and it is pretty easy to use - you don't have to have any knowledge of html etc. I tried it out for free to start with but this is quite limited in pages and paragraphs and also after awhile they start putting adverts on.

You can choose your own domain name (can't remember the cost) and there is an annual fee, again can't remember what I paid but it was something like $40 for the year.

Take a look at mine and it will give you some idea -
www.villas-apart.net is the one I did myself on Freewebs.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Someone on this fab site originally led me to CMSimple and I am sorry but I can't remember who it was but "Thanks very much". I have set up two other sites using this technology and think it is great. No html knowledge is necessary and their are some very professional looking free templates.

I won't put them on here although they are nothing to do with rentals but do not want to go against advertising etc but PM me if you are interested to see an example of what you can you can get.

I have also found free hosting with all the extras ie php etc with heart internet. Don't go into their normal website google free hosting with heart internet as this is the only way the deal comes up. They offer everything I get on my paid hosting but you can only have one free account. However for those with one website it might be worth looking to transferring to the free hosting deal which is advertised as indefinite.

One word of caution though they only offer support to paid hosting and the free hosting was missing a vital public_html folder on my FTP software which made my site invisible until I created it myself.

If you use the above it means just for the price of the domain name you can develop a site with free hosting without any programming skills at all although you would need to FTP the original files accross and then you just update via your browser.

So a big thankyou for who ever on this forum first bought CMSimple to my attention and I did take notice.
Always Learning
david a

web design

Post by david a »

Hello

I brought my hosting package through lycos they gave me free softwear and included the domain name for about £6.99 per month
i found it excellent and once you have played around with it easy to use. you don't need any html Knolledge,they also offer £50 worth of Google adwords
If you would like to see my results you can at

www.cyprusseaviews.co.uk
There is a link on there to lycos for more info
hope this helps

david a