French Entree

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sarah

French Entree

Post by Sarah »

Hi there

Is anyone, with a French property, registered with French Entree. I have just done a free 'link' exchange, but was wondering about their advertising. It's 130 euros per year but they offer a reduction for anyone who writes an article for the online magazine. Not sure what the reduction is, I've asked them to tell me before I start on the article.

Sarah.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Sarah,
"Not sure what the reduction is"
Please let us know!
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Sarah,
I did a trial for 6 months, I got some sort of reduction for it as they had just started. I got one booking, but it was because someone had written to the site owner and she recommended my place, which was very nice of her, but it didn't really come from the advert itself.
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

it is also worth checking if you will appear nationally, or in one of the small regional sites ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

alexia s. wrote:Sarah,
"Not sure what the reduction is"
Please let us know!
Alexia, I just got an e-mail back from French Entree, the reduction is 25% per article.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

As far as I understand it, the position regarding the advertising of holiday rental properties is down to the 'proprietors' (my word) of the separate regional sections, which as yet by no means cover the whole of France - thus I can't advertise our property on FrenchEntree.

I was in direct dialogue with Guy Hibbert about this when first looking at places to advertise in Dec 2004. They currently have properties for sale in a separate section, accessible from the main site and encompassing all of France, but nothing similar for rentals. They were talking about it, but nothing's happened - unless something's changed since I last looked.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be