Booked - cancelled - rebooked - same dates...once I had put

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Yes, I'm in agreement with the main points of this thread which seem to be:

Take a deposit, it will give you some protection against this type of situation.

Never return monies to a third party, it is very unprofessional and could land you in all sorts of hot water.

It's not adviseable make accusations you aren't 100% certain of & even then I'm not sure I would.

A better response to the would be guest might have been along the lines of....'It is our policy that once a cancellation is made and a subsequent late booking discount applied, the same group are not permitted to re book at the discounted price. In light of this, I am happy to accept the booking on receipt of the balance of X or alternatively I will refund the monies paid to you'.

The above response would have at best resulted in the booking being saved at the price originally agreed with no loss of face on either side and at worse the cancellation of the booking, which has happened anyway.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Jimbo wrote:Sam V wrote:
Anything else is a transparent try-on which looks to have been deliberately engineered ... etc … etc …
Disgruntled client wrote:
I’m not sure why I need to explain myself to you like this and divulge my personal life … etc ... etc …
If you decide not to take a booking, I'd suggest that you politely decline without giving a reason. Once you veer from the facts and try to interpret peoples’ motives and actions, you’re liable to uncork a whole pandora’s box of unpleasantness.

Jim
All hindsight now, the deposit has been refunded to the originator amicably. ...now moving onto invoicing/VAT (IVA) and fees charged by my villa management!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com