New member would love your advise

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
david a

New member would love your advise

Post by david a »

Hello everyone

I am very new to forums but have really enjoyed reading the comments and have gained some excellent tips.
I have just built a website for my property and would be grateful of your comments

Many thanks
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi David,

You have lots of lovely photos so these should be used to the maximum. Here are my suggestions:

Change the background colour to white to emphasise the photos better

Remove all the ads, which just clutter, distract and maybe even take visitors away from your site - you won't make much cash in any case from ads on a new, idividual property site.

Move the navigation bar down about 50 pixels

Change the font style to something more 'habitual' such as Verdana or Ariel, and font colour to black or something dark

Remove the .co.uk from the title

By the way your email address is not a 'clickable link' at the moment.

Hope that helps and good luck

Cheers
Marcus
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

David,

I don't share Marcus's view on the background or the font colours - I think they're fine. The Comic Sans font itself is a bit over-used, and I agree that the ads should go - they're cluttering up the page and detract from your message (I think relevant ads are fine on your 'Flights and car hire' page, but not on the others).

As Marcus says you have some good pictures, but the panel along the top of 'Cyprus Seaview 4' doesn't work - the sunset is too vivid to go with the other two pictures.

On the 'Services' page you say "you will be met at Paphos airport", which sounds as though it's an order rather than an offer and "we will arrange for the hire car...." is in the same vein. I would re-phrase these to indicate that they are suggestions.

Is the guest only shown around the property if they have taken the Airport Collection option?

Finally, 'restaurant' is spelt restaurant, not restuarant.

Good luck with your site.
Chalky

Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Well done!!I think the colours are fine as they are but I do agree with all the advertising clutter-apart from that,great! good luck :lol:
david a

Post by david a »

Marcus,Chalky and Fraise

Many thanks for taking the time to review my website in such detail,

I agree with many of your comments and will be making some changes in the next couple of days.

I kind of guessed i had done a little over kill on the adverts side but once i had pasted them in was a bit worried about trying to take them out without throwing every thing out of place, i,m sure anyone (like me) who is new to web building has some experience of this and spent 6 hours doing 5minutes tweaking

Many thanks again

david a