Charity Auction - can you donate a break?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
kg1

Charity Auction - can you donate a break?

Post by kg1 »

I received this email today, probably because I advertise on many 'pet friendly' sites. I will donate a spring break. If anyone else feels able to help please contact them direct. I will also ask for a collecting tin to go with the PDSA one I have in the house. We don't charge extra rental for dogs but ask for a donation to charity instead.

Have a look at their website.

Hi

My name is Andrea Herbert and I am contacting you on behalf of Hope Rescue (Reg Charity No 1129629 -http://hoperescue.org.uk) for whom I am a Volunteer Fundraiser. Hope is a unique animal rescue in that they take dogs from the pound as they come to the end of their 7 days to stop these animals from being put to sleep.

Hope work mainly with dogs but will help any animals that find themselves in the pound if they can. These animals are then transported to rescue centres or foster homes across the whole of the UK (with recent transport runs moving dogs from south Wales to Wigan, Southampton and Surrey). Some find themselves without a rescue place or a foster home to go to and these dogs end up in Kennels until a place can be found.
Hope is an entirely self funded Registered Charity and all of the monies raised from our fundraising efforts go towards helping with our day to day running costs, which currently stand at around £4000 per month.

We are currently in the process of organising our online Autumn Auction and wondered whether you would be able to donate a Break to be auctioned off in aid of Hope Rescue? The auction will be run from our online forum - which has over 1800 members and is continuing to grow.
The auction will be running from 7th - 14th November.

We will, of course, be providing links on our forum to organisations who have donated items for the auction.

Many thanks for your time and consideration in this matter and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.

Yours Sincerely

Andrea Herbert (Hope Fundraiser)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

We've had the same approach, probably for the same reasons!

I did remember a thread a while back that set me thinking long and hard about how to help a charity, and the email sent me off searching for it. It's worth a read here .
I'm pondering offering a voucher towards the cost of a stay, so that we retain control over the booking, ensuring they sign up to the T&C's etc etc. Haven't finished thinking it through yet!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Actually that's a better idea. We would still need to take a damages deposit I should think but it might be difficult to ask for it!! Needs more thought as to how to implement it.