New Landlord

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
citybythebay

New Landlord

Post by citybythebay »

Hello:

Was wondering if anyone out there could give me some insite in being a vacation rental landlord. My wife and I have a 3 bedroom, two bath home by Ocean Beach in SF. I know SF is a popular vacation spot, Do you think having it rented 26 weeks out of the year is realistic??

I am an absolute newbie, any help would be appreciated.
jess

Re: New Landlord

Post by jess »

citybythebay wrote:Hello:

Was wondering if anyone out there could give me some insite in being a vacation rental landlord. My wife and I have a 3 bedroom, two bath home by Ocean Beach in SF. I know SF is a popular vacation spot, Do you think having it rented 26 weeks out of the year is realistic??

I am an absolute newbie, any help would be appreciated.
I'm only repeating other's info here--- as I do not own yet.

SF is more of a weekend place than a full week place. Generally, anything over 18 weeks is considered great, and 12 is closer to normal-0-- but that's in areas with a peak season.

I recommend you go to yahoo groups and search there for vrbo boards--- there's an active one there that's mostly from the states. The can help.

In addition, without knowing anything about your house and location (SF area is too vague) that can't be answered.

HTH!
jess
paolo

Post by paolo »

If you don't know of it already, this discussion board is focused on America and well worth a visit for US questions:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vacation_rentals/
- although it is not as easy to navigate as this place!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
jess

Post by jess »

paolo wrote:If you don't know of it already, this discussion board is focused on America and well worth a visit for US questions:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vacation_rentals/
- although it is not as easy to navigate as this place!
That's the link I was looking for! Thanks!

No, this place is *way* easier on the eyes... and gets me itching to go abroad... <sigh>
jess