Website Layout

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
oskar

Website Layout

Post by oskar »

Hi everyone! :)

I'm about to get someone to make a website for me.

I'm marketing a number of friends' villas, all in the one resort but in different named areas of the town.

Would I be best to have the layout on the home page..........

Area 1
Area 2
Area 3
Area 4

with a link to the page for that area showing the detail of the 1 or 2 villas on it, or should I be showing all the villas (about 7/8) on the home page with a link on each to a page with more detail of the villa?

Hope you can understand that!

Also, I need someone to do it at a reasonable cost as this is as much a hobby as anything else! Linda passed on details of someone, but he hasn't replied yet. :( Can anyone else recommend someone to me?
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Hi Oskar,

Personally, the layout i'd suggest would be to have 'menu options' to the areas as you say .... but also, lower down the homepage (after the 'welcome' and general 'keyword' text) i'd have a small image and 'intro' about each of the seven properties. Each 'intro' should link to the individual property page.

This would result in 7 unique property pages, 4 local area pages, a 'sitemap', the homepage and finally separate pages to cover sports facilities or points of special interest.

Not many web design companies charge on a fixed 'per page' option nowadays ...... so i wouldn't be put off by having a large number of pages, as long as each page has 'worthy' content it's a case of 'the more the better' as far as search engines go.

Good luck :)
oskar

Post by oskar »

Thanks for the advice. I'll put it in reviews when it's finished. 8)