Website Review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
keywestmodern

Website Review

Post by keywestmodern »

I just completed my Web Site, and while it still needs work, I was wondering what you think.
1.) The house is in downtown Key West, FL, a funky place to visit
2.) We are looking for families with children and/or "two couples" travelling together
3.) What separates us is: We have a large yard and our house is modern and new
4,) Our rates are on the upper-end

The Website is:

http://www.keywestmodern.net

Many Thanks,

Kim Wilson
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just a very brief look - typo on first page "BluRaey" - doesn't fill me with confidence! Very slow to load some pages and not a great fan of the typeface. It also gives me messages regarding Quick time and MIME, so I wouldn't be hanging around after that. If you are upper end rates you need to convey that luxury feel and I'm not sure this site does at present. Can you make the description of the house clearer with a summary of the accommodation for each house?

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh - just my opinion!
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I just got a 'firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page' error, so I couldn't view your site and if I were looking to rent I would just move on to another site which didn't have that problem.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Your photo descriptions need a bit of work. I'm not comfortable with the phrasing
You will enjoy the....
which feels like an order.

Likewise slow to load, but no error messages - i'm on firefox on a Mac. I didn't look at all the site, but honestly it didn't encourage me to stay around.

The interior photos are OK. Don't know what similar pricing is in the area, but it seems to me that for the price tag you would really want to have an all singing and dancing site. I'm not sure if it is wise to have the price on the home page, it doesn't give you a chance to reel people in, I would have thought your bounce rate would be rather high.

I found it a bit busy really. Maybe a less detailed background.

Good luck witht he changes.

Wally
CSE

Post by CSE »

I looked at the local attractions section(s) and they do not work so well.
On the first column first link it opens up inside the first column. I cannot see the website site.
The first link in the second column opens up in the second column with more information but when I open the link to Hemingway’s house it takes me away from your website.
The same for reviews of attractions it goes straight to TA. This is generally considered not good for business.
On the location map I feel your house location is a little lost amongst all the other detail you have given on this map. Maybe make it clearer?
You do not have any robots text or a site map. These will help push your rankings in Google, which at present the website does not have.
With regard to HTML there does seem to be some small errors but nothing that cannot be solved quickly.
Here are the home page errors.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ator%2F1.1
You seem to have a lot of problems with the CCS through.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/vali ... FHome.html

Let us know how you get on and what changes you make.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
lorca

Post by lorca »

You really must have blue sky on the home page - and ideally in all exterior shots - especially as your property is grey. I´m sure it´s a really nice house, but at the moment the feel is very dismal and chilly.