Digital Cameras

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Has anyone used a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5???
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I've never used it, but it's got 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon with 24 reviewers -- that's pretty darn good.
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

Paul,
What did you get in the end and are you pleased with it? My daughter is looking for a digital camera for art college - not much in her budget, but I went back to this thread to re-read.
Waves from America
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Joanna,

I went for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5, and I am very pleased with it. For more have a look at this link

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panas ... ndex.shtml
Cheers
PC
Buckie

Digital Cameras

Post by Buckie »

Joanna, I have recently purchased two digital cameras, here is my verdict on both. Olympus FE 100 an excellent camera for the money £90 - £110 in UK but a little bulky, especially if it is for a lady where it is carried in a handbag. Olympus mju mini digital £140 - £160 in UK, this is the neatest "ladies" camera I have seen in years, it funtions well and the results are very good. Both use xd cards which are tiny but can take up to and amazing 256 mgs or even more. Have a look around the sites on the web then go to a good local camera shop where I am sure they will give you a competative deal. Happy snapping. Buckie.
A-two

Post by A-two »

18yrs old of either gender don't carry handbags in 2006........where have you been?.... :shock: :roll: :) This is why it's not worth spending any money because they lose everything when it goes through the wash or is left in somebody else's car. Hoping to get this at bestbuy.com with vouchers (long live credit card reward programs). I would love her to have the 28mm wide angle option, which I could borrow for the interiors at the rental house as my Nikon Coolpix can't do them. Alan mentioned Fujifilm FinePix S5500 has a 28mm option, so will compare these models, then decide. Thanks for the help.
Waves from America
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Joanna,

The cameras that Paul and I are talking about are quite chunky things, very much like compact SLR cameras. If handbags are not an issue then maybe "chunky" isn't either.

If you follow the link Paul gave and then go to bottom of the review itself you will find links to reviews of a range of similar cameras. The reviews are extremely comprehensive, so much so that you might be able to make a choice there and then.

Happy hunting. There's loads available on eBay.

Alan