Quickest/safest method of taking payment

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Jaya Patel

Quickest/safest method of taking payment

Post by Jaya Patel »

Hi, Can anyone help please.

Imay have my first possible renter from Germany currently enquiring for 4 weeks let from mid Feb to mid March this year.If they decide to go ahead I will not have much time to make sure I get paid in advance.It looks like they want to pay in euros, what's the best and quickest way of making sure I get paid into a UK account? Also is there a step by step quick guide in taking you from handling enquires to taking deposits, final payment returning deposits etc?
MAD WOMAN
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Jaya...if we get a booking within 8 weeks of departure then the full rental price is payable within 5 working days from the day the booking form is sent. For EU transfers we found the quickest way to get funds transferred is via a bank transfer (giving your IBAN account number). This normally takes about 3-4 days before the funds clear your account, sometimes even quicker.

I have to add (as a safety procedure) we always direct money transfers to a SAVINGS account and not our normal current account.
Also is there a step by step quick guide in taking you from handling enquires to taking deposits, final payment returning deposits etc?
Everyone has their own unique way of dealing/handling rental enquiries.

If we get a enquiry that turns into a booking, we ask for a 30% deposit within 5 days from the booking form being sent. Our final payment is not due until 8 weeks before departure...but each rental owner differs...some extend the final payment to 10 weeks before departure, some 6 weeks, some 4 weeks....it is entirely up to you when you require final payment.

Hope this helps.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Jaya Patel,

Germans use bank transfers like we use cheques so that would suit them best. I would get them to send you the sterling amount. They would just pay the equivalent amount of euros at their end.

You'll find past threads covering enquiries, deposits, etc., probably more in the Bookings section of the forum.
Paolo
Lay My Hat