Problems accessing laymyhat

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
Dotty

Problems accessing laymyhat

Post by Dotty »

Anyone else having problems?

Our ISP is BT in UK, and all yesterday I was getting a page saying BT internet cannot find the server. I tried 2 computers, the 2nd just gave page saying Firefox can't find the server.

Today I get in briefly, but then same thing happens after looking at a couple of pages.

Laymyhat is the only site its happening on for me.

(From the google cache I can see that google was still able to access yesterday, and some people were posting so I assume the site was still up)
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Yes Dotty, me too, but from France.

I could not get on from IE, but Firefox was OK.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Seems to be OK for me now, posting from work in Google Chrome. I couldn't access it from any browser at home earlier.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I've also had problems over the last couple of days, it seems an intermittent fault.
paolo

Post by paolo »

From the site's hosting provider: "we have seen intermittent problems with the DNS assigned to your domain, causing some downtime to the general public."

I don't know what this means but it should not last.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
lorca

Post by lorca »

I haven´t been able to access all day - but fine now (obviously! :roll: )
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Gosh, only just got on after 48 hours......was getting emails re threads I'd posted on, so clearly other people were getting on, but I couldn't connect. Very frustrating!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Since the problem with access arose I now have a problem I didn't have before, and I don't know whether it's my computer or the site.

Now when I log on instead of showing the site name in the title bar it shows about:Tabs. Eg I do a search, go on to a thread and then cannot go back to the search? The back button does not work because it's not showing the site?